Tuesday 15 January 2013

Meet The Team!

As a follow on from the last Meet The Team blog with our Web Manager Richard Manning, we are introducing our our Seamstress and Re Work member of staff Alison Simpson. Alison has worked with COW for over 3 years and we are going to find out what keeps her going.

ALISON SIMPSON - SEAMSTRESS/ REWORK MASTER 


HOW DID YOU GET INTO REWORKING FOR COW?

I studied Fashion at Ravensbourne University and learnt all of my sewing skills there, then I interned with a small clothing company who showed me how to work for specific markets. I saw the job for COW advertised and felt it would be a great opportunity to work within a fun company and have the freedom to come up with my own ideas and styles to have in their stores.

HOW DO YOU CONSTANTLY COME UP WITH NEW EXCITING IDEAS?

I follow a lot of fashion shows, street style blogs, take inspiration from everyday things like shapes, art, music, design and vintage fashion, everything really. I then brainstorm with the store's team and crack on with putting all of this into action.

WHAT'S THE MOST POPULAR ITEM YOU HAVE MADE/ REWORKED?

Styles change from season to season and the most popular piece of the summer was the bandeau tops which I thought would work well for our customers. Since it's been so cold I would say the patch pocket shirts have worked the best because they are great for layering. But also our cord dresses sell really well. 

WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT COW?

I think COW is constantly full of exciting product which invite an exciting crowd to the shop and this makes it feel like a fun place to be rather than just a regular vintage shop. I like the selection of dresses that we have in all year round, I probably spend most of my wages on those.

WHAT ARE YOU EXCITED ABOUT FOR 2013?

Summer time is my favourite time of year and I am hoping for a hot one this year. Plus it is best for rework and we will be producing new styles and product with all of our new ideas.




No comments: