Wednesday 16 October 2013

MEET THE TEAM: HELEN McGUCKIN

This week we speak to Helen McGuckin who works as Web Co-Ordinator/ Promotion/ Blogger and Stylist for COW. We ask her about her role, her style and what she couldn't live without.



HOW LONG HAVE YOU WORKED AT COW?

Almost a year now. I started last December, part time, running all social medias but now it has grown into a full time role with the new website launching soon.

WHAT DOES YOUR ROLE ENTAIL?

My role is to promote COW Vintage and all the online presence as We Are Cow. To do this I make sure our Facebook page, TwitterTumblr, Blog and Instagram is consistent and updated regularly with things that everyone at Cow enjoys and are interested in. That could be music videos, trends, news on deliveries, uploads fave items, and so on.. I plan and organise events in stores, the last Student Lock In was great and I want to have more regular events in all stores. 

With the BRAND NEW WEBSITE LAUNCH creeping up on us I travel to Manchester to work with Richard (Web Manager) to style product shots, feature pages, new trends, behind the scenes videos and pretty much any other imagery you see online or in the newsletters (which I also write). To make this successful I am always looking for new models from all areas to work with us, keeping up with the latest trends, following Fashion Shows and reading magazines to make sure I don't miss a thing that we can incorporate into our work.

                   


We have recently started working with Fashion Bloggers we love and choose bloggers with a great range of style to showcase the range of stock we have sent to us from all over the world. This is proving successful and I love to see how everyone wears the items we send out!

HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE YOUR OWN STYLE?

Lazy, practical, simple or silly depending on my mood.. Most of the time I just throw on jeans, a t-shirt and a jumper but I like to clash prints head to toe and layer too when I can be bothered. I work in the basement at Sheffield and Manchester so I can get away with being pretty casual nowadays if I want!   



WHY IS VINTAGE CLOTHING IMPORTANT IN STYLE NOWADAYS?

Vintage clothing is a way to be on trend without wearing the same items as everyone else. It's all one off and you can create your own style and be playful without having to spend a lot of money. I think that's why it has become so popular. 

WHAT A/W13 TRENDS ARE YOU MOST EXCITED ABOUT?

I am really excited about the Dark Florals and the Punk trends. I will be mixing them together.. I do like all the wintery pastels that are around too though. I like everything all the time, it's a huge problem of mine. 



WHAT'S YOUR FAVOURITE THING ABOUT WORKING FOR COW?

I love the clothes obviously, which is a problem for my bank. I also love that everyone who works for Cow is so creative and busy outside of work doing their own thing which overall makes the shops a more lively place.

WHAT 3 ITEMS COULDN'T YOU LIVE WITHOUT?

Levis, lipstick and tea. 






No comments: