Monday 29 July 2013

In Love with Slow Club

After a busy weekend at Tramlines in Sheffield running round to see loads of bands and performances we fell insanely in love with Slow Club.

The duo have been around for a while now with two successful albums, touring worldwide and featuring celebs in their videos. After they played the main stage on Sunday at Tramlines Festival, introducing new songs with a full band including a brass section and some pretty heart wrenching vocals from the gorgeous Becky, we are pretty sure they just stepped it up in this business.

The duo have a lovely enthusiasm when performing and clearly a great friendship that makes them instantly likeable. We caught up with the busy Becky from Slow Club and asked her a few questions on her Tramlines experience, her stage wear and where she finds the best vintage around the world!

HI BECKY... HOW WAS YOUR TRAMLINES WEEKEND?

I loved my Tramlines weekend! I slipped on a chip butty and split my lip and also was a bit too fabulous on the Sunday evening but apart from that it was great. I loved my city being full of people enjoying themselves. The vibe was so, so nice, it was a pleasure to play on the main stage to all our family and friends too. Roll on the next one!

DID YOU GET TO SEE MANY BANDS?

I saw The Crookes play before us. I probably haven't seen them play for about 2-3 years and it was amazing to see how mega they are now. I also saw my dear Sweet Baboo play the best gig of his life at the Queens Social. All of his band play in Slow Club so it's always just dead spesh to see them play.

WHAT ARE YOU WORKING ON AND WHEN CAN WE EXPECT THE NEW ALBUM?

We are currently working on the new album in Sheffield with Colin Elliot. It is going really well, we are really excited and happy with the new stuff. I am bursting to have people hear it and get back on tour! I shall not rest until we have a Grammy.

SUM UP THE NEW ALBUM IN 3 WORDS.

So, so Fabulous.

WHAT'S YOUR MUST-HAVE STAGE WEAR?

I used to freak out about what to wear on stage but recently I've started to have a bit more fun with it. I'd love to be more glamourous but on stage as in life I never feel better and more myself than being a bit of a tom boy. I own so many pretty dresses and sexy things but I will ALWAYS  go for a t-shirt and jeans at the last minute. Perhaps that needs to change?

YOU HAVE BEEN TOURING WORLDWIDE, WHERE IS THE BEST PLACE TO SHOP FOR VINTAGE? IF YOU GET TIME.

I always do pretty well in Birmingham and Glasgow. Maybe because I know where to look but I always plan to visit shops when we play there. I have picked up some tasty gems across America but Thrift stores in cities, much like charity shops here, are being over taken and over priced. I get most of my vintage from a table top sale at an animal sanctuary near my parents house. I'd tell you where but I would have to kill you. It's Rotherham's best kept secret!

Thanks Becky! Looking to seeing and hearing more soon! Here are some of COW's fave songs and videos from Slow Club so far!


SLOW CLUB - BEGINNERS 
Featuring - Daniel Radcliffe


SLOW CLUB - TWO COUSINS


SLOW CLUB - GIVING UP ON LOVE
Featuring - Mackenzie Crook

Follow more from Slow Club here!




1 comment:

Amy said...

I'm not going to lie, I got really excited when I saw this post. I absolutely love Slow Club, they are definitely one of my favourite bands! x